Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Passion for Papertrey: Needle & Thread

Happy Thursday, all! I'm (not supposed to be) at home tonight. My vstay-cation from work starts tonight, as I was supposed be at the airport tonight picking up my sister-in-law, but the Tallahassee airport had other plans for her. So instead I'm home getting crafty, and will go to the airport tomorrow to retrieve my dear Allison.

So in the meantime, I'v whipped up a stampless/inkless card for the needle & thread challenge at A Passion For Papertrey. All day today I have wanted to make a card with raspberry fizz, orange zest, Hawaiian Shores, black and soft stone. Why, you ask? Because the dress I'm wearing today is all of those colors in an amazing paisley print, and all I could think about all day was:

1. Getting Allison from the airport and starting our vacation with her
2. How comfortable this dress is
3. How inspired I am by the colors in my new dress.

So here is my card using these colors and the needle & thread challenge. I went literal here and actually ran my card through my sewing machine. Since I got my machine over a year ago, the only thing I have stitched outside of hemming a few items is cards. But I'm still so glad that I have it!

My first thought for needle & thread was argyle, as it's always stitched in these eye-popping, criss-crossing patterns. Not having any argyle stamps, I die-cut the small triangle from the Two Triangles die set from Papertrey (that coordinates with Tranquility Trilogy) and set them up to form diamonds. A little cross-stitching on top of my interwoven stitch lines and voila; argyle!

Next time I would do without the trace stitches right alongside my diamonds. I think they get lost in the mix. But I do just love how the zig-zag stitching turned out over my raspberry fizz lines!


And just for fun, and because I know I'm curious about people, so therefore assume that people are curious about me, too, here is a picture that Hubba Hubba Hubby took of me tonight. Keep in mind this was taken after our amazing dinner out at a local Indian restaurant (OMG, I LOVE tandoori chicken!).



Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Cute card - cuter frock !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing skills you have with a sewing machine! Diggin' that cool argyle pattern you've created and your dress is gorgeous too!
    Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really clever idea. Love the bold graphic look (and the fact that your stitching is so perfect.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colour combo and how neat is that stitching? I'm well impressed!!

    Thanks for joining us at A Passion for Papertrey.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete