Friday, March 9, 2012

Cards, coffee, and boots

Happy Friday, all! I'm super excited for my fun weekend ahead and all of the crazy memories that I'll make. What am I doing, you ask? Why, I;m taking two classes at the Academy of Burlesque! Miss Indigo Blue (who you might have seen in the documentary available on Netflix 'A Wink And A Smile') opened up her studio in Seattle several years ago, and I am so anxious to go to two of her classes with my gal Stephanie this Sunday! Tomorrow we're making our own tassel pasties, which will undoubtedly be a hoot!

But enough of that for now. I'll let you know how it goes next week.

First is my pop of color card for the A Passion For Papertrey  challenge. This fortnight's challenge was to make a card using only black, white, and a pop of color. So here's my happy hearts coffee card.


My color was SU! True red, and I think the hearts really make that coffee cup just POP right outta the screen and into your heart. :-)

Here ar3e a few other coffee cards that I made with this new PTI set that I'm absolutely in love with. This is a gift card holder. The front flap tucks in behind the matting on the front to hold it closed.

Open the flap and it looks like this:

And inside there are 2 pockets - 1 to hold the gift card, and the other on which to write your note!

I couldn't resist the woodgrain impression and the felt coozy on this cart.

 And here are the new boots that came in today's mail from Zappos.com. I ordered them yesterday and asked for the free 3-5 day shipping. NEXT DAY! Love it. This pair has some sassy lacing up the back. The shoe is leather but the boot shaft is suede. Oh so luscious!

 Side view:

And here's the other pair that I ordered. All leather, a little less-dressy, but still fabulous. How is a girl to decide? Oh the choices...

Well that's it for me today. Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous boots! You've got a pair for day and a pair for evening!
    Oh and of course, your cards are gorgeous too! I love the masking on the first one!
    Thanks for colour poppin' with us on A Passion for Papertrey! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your cards. I have that set, and need to ink it up. Looks so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cards ~ what a great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your coffee cards! All fabulous. I especially love the challenge card with that fabulous pop of red. Also love the gift card holder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the coffee cards!!! I can't wait to find time make some cards with you and the ladies!!! you are rocking the boots :)

    ReplyDelete