Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Birthday, by the numbers

The girls at A Passion For Papertrey are at it again; giving me a challenge to put my creativity to work! The current challenge is to make a card featuring numbers.

Well, this came at a great time, as my BFF's daughter is having her 2nd! birthday at the end of the month. If it weren't for this challenge, I probably would have waited until the last minute before whipping together a card for her party. But now that I have this little number, I can coordinate wrapping (once i have a gift!) and make it into a lovely package together.

I busted out several stamp sets for this card, mixing and matching. I stamped the background using the big words from the Celebrations stamp set. Then I used the "HAPPY" from that set, paired with the "happy birthday" from the Birthday Basics collection to complete the sentiment on the main image. My By The Numbers #2 die cut shows loud and proud through the negative image, and a few ScorTape glitter strips break up the mono-chromatic color scheme.


What little girls doesn't love glitter?

I mean, really?

And by "little" girls, I really mean 29 year olds.

OK, I mean me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment