Monday, November 12, 2012

APFP Inky Love Challenge; Take 2

OK, folks. I'm back with another card for the A Passion For Papertrey Inky Love challenge. I wasn't too happy with my first card here, as it was a complete CASE as well as a card style that I have made before. While it did fit the challenge of using a stamp set that had been neglected, I feel like a bit of a cheat of making the same card with only a slightly different stamp.

So for today's card, I used not one, but TWO stamp sets that have been feeling a bit jealous of my more used sets. Today's card features Movers and Shakers Sentiments and Dot Spot, both of which I *had* to have, then struggled to use.

I wanted to use my new cloud die, so thought I'd put a little vellum window in the card face partially revealing a happy rainbow inside the card.


You can barely make out the rainbow peeking through the vellum cut out on the front of the card. I though this was perfect to go along with the sentiment, and will hopefully brighten somebody's day.


And here is the dotty rainbow inside the card. I used my SU Stamp and Write markers to color the stamp, but because it took so long to color each dot, the ink kind of blobbed up a bit before I could stamp it. I was disappointed at first with the spotty coverage rather than nice, full circles, but the more I look at this, the more I like it this way. It looks like it was rained on. :-)

Cheers!

1 comment: