Friday, November 2, 2012

APFP Inky Love Challenge

Howdy, folks! Today I spent the day organizing and destashing my craft room. It's far from perfect, but it's a good start. Hubba hubba hubby and I decided that over the Christmas break this year, we would (finally) renovate my craft room. Dinosaur border wallpaper, you will soon be a thing of the past! I don't know about you, but dinosaurs don't really get me in the creative mood...

So I've picked out my new desk and shelving units, thinking about paint colors, and spending way too much time wandering through Storables and The Container Store figuring out all the bins and crates that I'll need in my new space. It's so exciting! Now only 7 more weeks until we can get this project started!

So once I had fulfilled my organization quota for the day, I got inky and made the little card below. The card I made is similar in style to a card that I've made previously (so I kind of feel like I'm cheating a little bit), but this time I reached for my Beautiful Blooms stamp set that was in my first PTI purchase that I haven't used in years. The APFP challenge was to ink up some neglected stamp sets, so I went through all my sets until I Beautiful Blooms caught my eye and I though to myself, "It's been a long time since I've used that set!"

So here is my card, a simple monochromatic gratitude card that could be used for any occasion. I used my craft knife to partially cut out a few of the outer leaves, then popped them out with some dimensional stickies, making the contrasting card stock matting the card front peek out just a little bit.

I should also mention that this is a CASE of another card, I believe by Debbie Hughes, but at the moment, I can't for the life of me find the link to this card on her blog. I'll keep looking and post it here when I find it.

**EDITED TO INCLUDE: I Found it! The card that I CASE'd! It's by LimeDoodle, and I just ADORE it! To see the original card, click here.**



1 comment:

  1. I adored Debby's card and I adore your take on it too! So calming and soothing with those blue tones!
    Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey! :)
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete