Sunday, November 4, 2012

an autumnal state of mind

It's probably because this morning I voted, and the view from my craft room is full of nothing short of fall splendor, but I am totally in an autumnal state of mind! The things that catch my eye when we're out and about are fall-inspired centerpieces, cinnamon sticks, the color of leaves turning, dew on the grass. Fall is definitely around us and it's making its mark on my crafting (and my hair, too. Bye-bye blonde! Hello auburn. ;-).

This is the view from my craft room window. The pond across the street has several aldertrees that have all been losing their leaves, making for spooky sounds and whimsical views.


So in the spirit of all things fall, here are a few of the cards that I made this morning. 


I like the inverse embossed image on this one. I stamped the leaf and acorn in VersaMark and embossed with clear powder. Then using my Early Espresso ink and a sponge dauber, I sponged around the embossed image to leave the negative space as the focal point. I used my Simply Jame cardstock as the image backing so that the pretty script font would show through. A sentiment strip and some bling finish it up!


I think this might be my favorite. I wanted to showcase the illusion of falling leaves and acorns in this cascade of falling color. The Autumn Acorns images are die cut and stamped and aligned on Dark Chocolate cardstock stamped with Background Basics: Woodgrain for a woodsy feel. Some gold embroidery floss adds a little shine and pizzazz, and voila!


I have to say that I really like the grid on this card, It reminds me of stained glass. The colors make me feel warm and cozy and reminiscent of the spicy-orange smells of the season. I used a strip of card stock between my panels to ensure a perfect alignment. Gold embossing powder for the sentiment gives this card front a bit of a gilded look.

Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment: