Thursday, January 12, 2012

Valentine's Day!

I'm not really big on Valentines, but being the girly girl that I am, I've been super hot on making some V-Day cards lately. Maybe it's the color palette, maybe it makes me nostalgic, maybe I just really like making cards. At any rate, I have only one hubby, so I'll have to find some girlfriends who won't think I'm a creeper for sending them a Valentine's Day card.

This is also the current challenge over at A Passion For Papertrey. So instead of meeting my challenge to make 1 card tonight, I made 4, Yes, 4. Four. Quatro. As in, one more than three. Yow-za!

So without further ado, here they are.

As you can see, I have been studying CAS blogs and attempting my first ever one layer card. Yipes. What do you think?

This was actually meant to be a Thank You card for a girl friend who needs some TY cards, and I thought the With Love sentiment could be either Valentine's or a sincere note of gratitude.

I kind of like the simplicity of this one. Thoughts?

Oh houndstooth. How I covet thee.  Grey and pink = so girly and sweet. It just makes my heart melt.

And for those of you interested in those pearls, those are actually my "Joan Rivers 10' of Pearls." Yes, you read that right. 10'. 10 feet. TEN FEET. For you Britts out there, that 3.33 meters. Can you imagine how heavy these are? But even so, they are pretty fabulous, no?

Cheers!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Woodgrain XOXO:
Card Stock: White (PTI)
Stamps: Background Basics; Woodgrain (PTI), I Heart Hearts (SU!), Think Big Favorites #11 (PTI)
Ink: Real Red (SU!), Soft Blush (PTI), Grey <-- from the $1 bin at Michael's
Other: silver marker

With Love:
Card Stock: Melon Berry (PTI), Dark Chocolate (PTI), White (PTI), Vellum
Stamps: I Heart Hearts (SU!), Perfectly Penned (SU!)
Ink: Melon Berry (PTI), Sweet Blush (PTI), Chocolate Chip (SU!)

Woodgrain Heart:
Card Stock: White (PTI), Soft Stone (PTI), Sweet Blush (PTI)
Stamps: I Heart Hearts (SU!)
Ink: Real Red (SU!)
Other: Woodgrain Impression Plate (SU), Large Heart Punch (SU!), Heart Punch (SU!)

Hugs & Kisses:
Card Stock: White (PTI), Soft Stone (PTI), Shimmer Red (DCVW)
Stamps: Background Basics; Houndstooth (PTI), Think Big Favorites #11 (PTI)
Ink: VersaMark
Other: Pink embossing powder

3 comments:

  1. I like your one layer CAS card best especially with the frame that breaks around the image and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers!!! What fabulous CAS beauties! You're on a roll with the Valentine's cards...best find some friends who won't think you're a creeper! ;D
    Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete