Monday, January 16, 2012

Make It Monday #49; Ghost Masking

Ooooh, ghost masking. Sounds creepy. But it's really not. Betsy Veldman of Papertrey Ink showed us this technique for this week's Make It Monday. In essence, mask off an area, then stamp images around it. Once you're happy with that, then reverse mask and re-stamp the inside, lining up your images with the previous, only stamp off excess ink this time so that the inside image is lighter and more ghostly. Betsy's example is great, but I think mine would have turned out a little better with a more bold image. The delicacy of the images I chose lost a lot of their detail in the overlapping and ghosting if the image.

Take a peeksie:

You can see that the images inside my frame look lighter. This is a one layer card, so there aren't any tricks here. I just stamped off the excess ink to get a lighter inking of the images inside the frame. 


And here are a few more cards I made during the snow day yesterday.



9 comments:

  1. very pretty! love the ghost masking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards! The ghost masking one is perfect for this week's Make My Monday challenge-create a scene. I'm on the DT and would love for you to link your project up if you want to! :) Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up! :) So glad to have you at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi...lovely scenes achieving with this technique (beautiful stamping) and as Mynette says great tohave youo playing along with us at Make My Monday....Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are lovely. The bicycle card caught my eye! Clean and simple and a great guy card. I always like to see a few of those pop up to give me ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great technique. I love the floral scene and the little butterflies really give it a lift. Thanks so much for joining us at MMM.
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely scenic card achieved with this great tecnique. thank you for joining in with MMM :)
    suzi b

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards. Thanks for sharing it with us at MMM this week.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete