Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Passion for Papertrey: Sensational Silhouettes!

Hi Ladies and Gents.

If ever there was a day that I needed to come home, relax, and make something pretty, today was the day! What a doozie.

So glad the gals at A Passion For Papertrey had just the tonic; a new challenge! As Aimes so elegantly put it:

"So as another fortnight goes by, we are at the start of the next one and our newest challenge - Sensational Silhouettes. Now don't panic and think "I don't own a PTI set with a silhouette in it"!! Think of flowers, leaves, solid shapes of any kind, dies, etc - all of those could be manipulated in some way to create a silhouette. Let your creative juices run free!!!"

And so my imagination did! Just about every card that comes out of my craft room these days has to be a holiday card, so in keeping with that theme, I though what better silhouette to create than that of a bejeweled Christmas Tree. In my mind, this is a lone tree, standing in a clearing someplace in a forest, but beautifully adorned by Sasquatch or Frankenstein's monster or something. Just sitting there, all by its onesies, waiting for something magical.


What, you think those pearls are too big? Amateur.
Recipe:
Cardstock: PTI Ocean Tides, Enchanted Evening
Stamp: PTI Tree Trimming Trio
Die: PTI Christmas Tree Die
Other: Stickles, adhesive pearls, white gel pen.

Cheeries, Dearies!

4 comments:

  1. Nope, I think it's beautiful ! Well done you !

    Margaret C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I just love the idea of Bigfoot delicately placing little dainty baubles on a tree in the middle of the forest!! Hilarious!

    I know what you mean too about the flow of Christmas cards - I've barely made anything else for weeks! I love your interpretation of our challenge too!

    Thanks for playing along at APFP.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    PS, I'M the elegant one, Aimes is thug (pokes tongue out at Aimes if she's reading this!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those baubles totally steal the spotlight! Love those sparkles too :)
    Thanks so much for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey - so happy we could provide the tonic for ya (I like my tonic with gin *wink*)
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    PS Caryn will totally tell you that I'm a thug but honestly, I can be sooooooooo sophisticated if I need to be. She's a cheeky one y'know ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bejewelled christmas tree. Great way to use this die.

    ReplyDelete