Saturday, October 15, 2011

Cards & Art

Hiya, all! Happy Saturday. Here in the T house, we are getting a few projects done, and then heading out and about for some autumn fun. We're headed to a pumpkin patch later today to select our perfect orange nuggets of festive magic.

But first, a two-part post.

First, some cards that I've made lately.

I hate that I have the occasion to make a "Get Well" card, but hopefully this cheery little number helps along the healing process a tough. Colors were inspired by Tiffany Pastor's post about her new baby girls' room decor. You can read about it here. Don't you just love that accordion rosette beneath the ribbon rose?

So I have to confess. When I got the Wreath for All Seasons set last year, I though I was going to use it forever and a day. And I did for about a month, until I got another order in. But in that month, I made all of my Christmas cards with the holly wreath image, and this pretty little number. I don't know about you, but to me, the changing colors of the leaves just makes my heart smile.

This is a new little stamp I randomly picked up last week. Tie stamp is just the "THINKING thoughts of you" part, but I masked it off and repeated the "THINKING" in the different colors first to mimic my first attempt at the ribbon flerus. Thoughts?

I bought this little Autumn Foliage set by Inkadinkadoo the other day. Just a fun little take on the maple leaves and acorns. I love that big, chunky, matte glitter.

Another card from the Autumn Foliage set. Don;t you go ga-ga over those little microbeads on the pumpkin?

Here's a closer look. I first stamped and colored in the pumpkin on the cardstock base, then cut out the shape of the pumpkin in the score-tape sheets, put it on top, then stuck on those magic little glassies, and here's the result! Luminous, if I may say so myself!

And lastly, here's my Hops, who managed to get himself on top of the bookshelf in my craft room. This room is always a work in progress, so there's a little table in front of the shelf that is destined for the Goodwill. I think Hops must have jumped on that first to get all the way up there. I mean, the thing is 6 feel tall! Silly kitty. Appropriately named.

Part Two: What do to with leftover interior house paint:


Last weekend, Clint showed me a video on YouTube of a gal, Amy Shackleton, who makes amazing paintings using paint in a squeeze bottle and a water mister. She lets the paint drip down the canvas at different angles, creating her scenery. We watched the video and just knew we had to do this with the giant canvasses that we have, unused, for our TV room. You can see Amy's video in time lapse here.

So here is our take on the process. We used the loft over colors that we already have elsewhere in the house, and decided on a simple, yet bold design. Horizontal stripes with a burst. We bought 3 little squeeze bottles from Fred Meyer (the kind that restaurants put katsup in), mixed our paint with different amounts of water to get different thicknesses, and starting squirting.

We set up the 3 pieces leaning upright against the sawhorses in the garage to promote the dripping. We used a string to keep our lines straight and help us determine the angles that we thought would work best. The result is definitely weird, but after two years with blank walls down there, I'll take it!

Here's a close up of the center painting. The lights in the room, which is naturally very dark, made it tough to photograph, but you get the gist of it.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. That's super cool, sis! We watched Amy's video, too, and can definitely see why you were so inspired! Now it makes so much more sense! The pic you text messaged me had me a little confused and this brings it all together. Great job!

    ReplyDelete