Thursday, October 13, 2011

Feathers!!

For those of you who know me, you know about my passion for feathers. Since I was a child, anything that was adorned or born with feathers, I loved. Mom used to have to take me through the lingerie department before a day of shopping, just so that I could see and touch all of the feathers & pretties. Then I would be good all day long.

Well, let's just say this is something that I never outgrew.

And I don't regret it.

Neither does my husband. :-)

So I proceeded to create a feather headband like so many that I have seen in all of the accessory shops in the mall. I wanted mine to be a reflection of me; not just a flat of feathers that sits close to the head. No no, mine needed some spring, it needed flair. (As if feathers on your head wasn't flair enough already?)



And this is what I came up with. It was fun, inexpensive, and easy to make; just a headband ($1.99), ribbon ($1.99) feathers ($7.99, but I got lots of them for this price, enough to make at least 5!), and a hot glue gun. And as you can see, I even dared to wear it at work. Everybody loved it. But especially me. :-)

Now the hard part is deciding what other colors I need. I think all of them will suffice.

Cheeries, Dearies!

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous!!! How creative and fabulous do you look?! :)
    I could see you making these to order - seriously!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete