Sunday, April 15, 2012

Embellish Magazine Challenge - Chevrons

Hi There! Just a quick post today before I'm off for breakfast. I know, right? Cards before breakfast? You betcha!

This card is for Embellish Magazine's Chevrons challenge. This was a tough challenge for me. I have no chevron stamps, I attempted making a chevron by cutting and piecing strips of paper together, but that was a disaster. I was at a loss. So I fumbled through my thousands of pages of patterned paper until I came across this beauty. Not only is it chevrons, but it's the right colors, too! So I whipped out this cheerful little card, and the rest, as they say, is history.


Here's the trigger image. The challenge was to incorporate chevrons into your design, while also sticking to an aqua, pink, purple and grey color scheme.


 And this is what I had to contend with this morning. Barley, the dear sweetheart, would not leave me alone while trying to work on my card & photograph it. Maybe I should feed them breakfast first?


And this is Hops, sitting on his foam like a good cat, out of the way of the crafting and as regal looking as ever. Such a handsome boy!

 Breakfast time! Eggs and avocado, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment